Pages

Sunday 7 December 2014

December Skirt Challenge - Week 1

Week 1 of the December skirt challenge has been quite challenging indeed. I am realizing that I really don't have much in the way of tops to wear with my various skirts, especially since the majority of the skirts I have are patterned and so are my tops & blouses! I have a plain black sweater on the way from ASOS which should work with almost all of my skirts. But that would be quite boring, wouldn't it? I would really like to figure out some variations on these outfits.

For now, here is what I came up with during Week 1 of the challenge: 

OUTFIT 1
Skirt - The Gap, T-Shirt - Sky Ferreira concert shirt, Cardigan - Old Navy, 
Knee-High Boots - Forever 21

I recently bought this skirt from The Gap and I absolutely love it! I had been looking for a plaid skirt for quite awhile, and this one has structure as well as cool zippered pockets, so I bought it right away. I'm not a huge fan of this outfit overall; I think the skirt could look good with a t-shirt but I don't know that this is it. I would like to find a blouse or something more dressy to put it together with.

OUTFIT 2
Skirt - Zara, T-Shirt - American Apparel, Cardigan - Old Navy, Scarf - Ebay, Belt - ?, Booties - H&M

This skirt is also another recent buy from Zara, and I have to say it is my favorite skirt in my wardrobe now. I never thought I could wear cute, flippy skirts like this but I was wrong! I think it looks pretty good on me and I like the outfit I put together as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment