Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Purchases

After the amount of money I spent in July I'm disappointed I didn't spend less in August. I made the mistake of going to 'browse' in a few stores and falling in love with some things i shouldn't have.

Originally my plan for August involved doing another closet inventory and re-counting everything I own; I found the idea of doing that made me feel really anxious and I had zero desire to count my wardrobe again. My new plan is to go ahead with my super-wardrobe-purge and then do a closet recount near the end of the year. I can compare it to my original count I did in April. This seems like I'm giving myself a lot of time to do so but I feel like that's the amount of time I need to get it done. It's very possible I might do the count a lot sooner than that. Something I did do that I felt helped a lot was move a large part of my wardrobe into the front hall closet where I didn't see it all summer; all in all I grabbed about three things back out and I am pretty sure most of the remainder will be donated to a thrift store.

August Clothing Purchases:

August Purchases
  • H&M Button Down Blouse - The above photo isn't the exact same print but it is the same cut. I love this blouse, the cut and the simple detail it adds to my outfits. It's one of the first garments in awhile I've owned that I can visualize wearing in a variety of outfits.
  • ASOS Cami in Black and Blush - I wanted to add a couple of loose camis to my wardrobe to wear under sweaters. These ones get the job done.
  • ASOS Wrap Dress with Bird Print - I had been watching this dress for a few months when it finally went on sale, it looks really great on me! The only problem I have with it is that it gets wrinkled really easily!
  • H&M Metallic Skirt - I know that the holiday season is a ways away but I couldn't resist picking up this skirt; I've been dying to own a sparkly/glittery skirt to wear with simple blouses to holiday parties so I had to buy this skirt as soon as I saw it.
  • Forever 21 Pleated Booties - These booties look so expensive but they were only about $45! I feel like they are going to add a lot to my fall outfits.
  • Faux Leather Zippered A-Line Skirt - In earlier posts i mentioned wanting to add some a-line skirts to my wardrobe and I thought this one worked great, plus it has a little bit of edge with the zippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment